St John Lutheran Church - Buck Creek, IA

Submitted by mivanyo on Tue, 12/27/2016 - 20:24

St. John Lutheran Church, Buck Creek, Dayton Township, Bremer County, Iowa

© copyright 1997, Karen Rowe, all rights reserved

Retyped and reformatted by: Karen Rowe
122 West Saunders Avenue
Lincoln, Nebraska 68521-3925
eMail address:

St. John Lutheran Church of Buck Creek, Iowa was organized in 1875. The land for the church was donated by Louis Buhr, and the original signers of the church constitution were: Louis Buhr, Fred Poehler and G. Wolff. The first pastor was the Reverend William Adix, born in Mecklenberg, Germany.