Vol. 1 No. 1: (1985)
(out of print)
Vol. 1 No. 2: (1985)
- Locating the Ancestral Home.
- Silesia: Historical Events - Middle Ages to 1900.
- Family Name Changes. Historical guide.
- Family History Library, guided tour and sources.
- Portraits and photographs.
- The Euler Collection: 10,000 volumes on nobility.
- Handwriting samples from parish registers.
- Sources and surnames from guild, serf, military, poor, & tax records for
various German areas.
Vol. 1 No. 3: (1985)
(out of print)
Vol. 1 No. 4: (1985)
- Locating church & civil registration records.
- Silesian records, part 2.
- Branch libraries of the Family History Library.
- The Gotha Books, 350 volumes of nobility.
- Latin and its affect on German records.
- Using Famiiliengeschichtliche Quellen index to 30 million German
family history sources.
- Handwriting samples and translations. Baptisms.
- Sources and surname lists from various German areas.
Vol. 2 No. 1: (1986)
- German Emigration, Immigration and Migration. Over 33 pages of published
- Using the Hamburg passenger lists.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, Part 1, A's.
- Pommern Immigration and Emigration.
- Tracing Ancestral Movements in Germany.
- Emigration Sources in the Family History Library.
- Handwriting samples and translations, baptisms.
Vol. 2 No. 2: (1986)
- Pommern - the Land by The Sea, Part 1.
- Research in the German Democratic Republic
- Getting Organized - Help for the Beginner.
- Early Lutherans Flee Salzburg.
- Research through correspondence.
- Nobility - One Index to Six Collections.
- Handwriting samples and translations.
- Brandenburg, Prenzlau new citizens;
- Hannover wills in city archives.
- Hessen 1569 census of experienced military people.
- Hessen-Nassau, Maibedenliste of Oberlahnstein.
- Mecklenburg Glassworks.
- Bartenstein East Prussia citizenship records.
- Demmin, Pommern, 1719 residents.
- Rawitsch, Posen letters of birth 1661-1666.
- Bedburdyck, Rheinland conscripts 1779-1794.
- Salzwedel, Sachsen, Prussia guild records.
- Buttelsted, Thueringen tax record 1333.
- Obermarsberg, Westfalen 1717 tax register.
- Thorn, Westpreussen baker's guild.
- Wuerttemberg Armourer enrollment book.
- Hamburg Passenger Lists 1855 index, B's.
Vol. 2 No. 3 (1986)
- Pommern records in Print, part 1.
- Writing to Poland for Genealogical records.
- Polish-English Letter-writing Guide.
- Pommern the Land by the Sea, part 2.
- Sharing Research Effort; Writing queries.
- The Waldensians in Germanic Areas.
- Nobility: The Ruling Families of Europe.
- Handwriting translations, baptisms 1500s.
- Bayern, Hohenberg and Arzberg Guild Book.
- Kuestrin, Brandenburg Guilds, 1759-1800.
- Hamburg Geesthacht residents of 17th century.
- Gadebusch, Mecklenburg Serfs.
- Drygallen, Ostpreussen residents 1740.
- Stargard, Pommern Guilds 1636-1838.
- Wesel, Rheinland new citizens.
- Gardelegen Sachsen, Pr. muster roll.
- Wolkenstein Guild book.
- Guthmannshausen, Thuringia rent registers.
- Marsberg, Westphalia citizens.
- Schoeneck West Prussia citizens.
- Oehringen Wuerttemberg beer brewers.
- Hamburg Passenger Lists, 1855, C's.
Vol. 2 No. 4: (1986)
- Church and Civil Records in Pommern. Maps.
- Parishes in Pommern, List of parishes in German and Polish, with record
availability, part 1, A-E.
- Did Your Ancestors Come From Wittgensteiner Land? Westphalia.
- Pommern, the Land by the Sea, part 3.
- Sharing Research Efforts - queries.
- Pommern in Print, part 2.
- The Huguenots in Germanic Areas.
- Rosenheim, Bavaria new citizens.
- Brandenburg city pew register.
- Sheepherders in Mecklenburg.
- Oldenburg city Lutheran ministers.
- Neuss, Rheinland citizenship record.
- Dresden, Sachsen, Butchers Guild.
- Schaumburg-Lippe civil officials.
- Brembach, Thueringen 1557 tax records.
- Hattingen, Westfalen church certificates.
- Schwetz, West Prussia land and home owners.
Vol. 3 No. 1 (1987)
(out of print)
- Rheinland, a Land of Change.
- The importance of maps in German research.
- Using maps to locate places of origin.
- Leichenpredigten: How to use them.
- Handwriting samples and translations.
- Map and brief histories of Schleswig-Holstein, Bavaria, and Brandenburg, and
- Parishes of Pomerania, F-G.
- Hamburg Passenger lists, 1855, D's.
Vol. 3 No. 2 (1987)
- Using Danish military records to locate German soldiers.
- Genealogical Word List, Latin.
- Trier, Rheinland, history, maps, parishes.
- Map of Rheinland districts.
- Calendars, Julian, Gregorian, symbols.
- Nobility - More pedigree collections.
- Handwriting samples and translations.
- Rosenheim, Bavaria, letters of birth.
- Osterburg, Saxony muster rolls, 1572.
- Frankweiler, Palatine, Calvinist parish.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, E's.
- Pomerania parish registers, H-J.
Vol. 3 No. 3 (1987)
- German American Newspapers.
- Rheinland record sources in print.
- Testament records and their use.
- Locating FHL German entries.
- Handwriting samples and translations, marriage headings from parish
- Nabburger, Bavaria, testaments, 1659-1757.
- Salzburgers in East Prussia, Land and testament records, 1732-1776.
- Hamburg testaments at St. Johannis monaster.
- Hannover city testaments in city archives.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, F's.
- Pomerania parish registers, K's.
Vol. 3 No. 4 (1987)
- Newspapers, unique sources, German, part 2.
- Rheinland Record sources in print, part 2.
- Research aids for Lauban district, Silesia.
- Map of Lauban district; lists of places & parishes.
- German newspapers, early communication methods.
- Handwriting samples & translations, marriages.
- Oldenburg, short and unprinted testments.
- Wiesbaden, Rhineland testaments, 1575-1779.
- Oschatz, Saxony, unregistered testaments.
- Sande Schleswig-Holstein, 1845 census records.
- Hamburg passengers lists, 1855, G's
- Pomerania parish registers, L's.
Vol. 4 No. 1 (1988)
- German Naming Practices; patronymics, locality names, occupational names,
- Surname etymology books.
- 600 German occupations with English translations.
- 755 German names with Latin translations.
- Resolving naming practice problems.
- Handwriting samples and translations, marr. 1700s
- Pomerania parish registers, M's.
- Emigrants to America from Wuerttemberg.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, H's.
- Emigrants from Rheinhausen, Baden.
- Schleswig-Holstein 1845 Census, Sande parish.
Vol. 4 No. 2 (1988)
- Tracing the Tritt Family from Pennsylvania to Alsace, Germany, and
- German Genealogical Word List.
- History of Schleswig-Holstein with maps.
- German Naming practices, including foreign influence on names and
- Handwriting samples, marriages, 1600s.
- Pommern parishes, German, Polish, N's.
- Hamburg 1855 passenger lists, I's & J's.
- Schleswig-Holstein, Brockenlande 1845 census.
- Waldeck emigrants to America.
- Baden emigrants to America fron Ringsheim.
Vol. 4 No. 3 (1988)
- Schleswig-Holstein parish registers. History & list of 660 parishes with record
- Establishment of surnames and given names.
- Handwriting samples, marriages, early 1600s.
- Baden. Emigrants to America from Tannenkirch.
- German merceneries in the American revolution.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, K's.
- Pomerania parishes, P's.
- Sedina archive.
- Silesian emigrants - Ronge family.
Vol. 4 No. 4 (1988)
- Record Gathering in Post-War Germany.
- Schleswig-Holstein records in print. List of over 150 published sources.
- Bischoffingen, Baden. Index of old families.
- On land records in Eastern Germany.
- Locality names in German research.
- Parish Register Latin. Reference guide.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, L surnames.
- Pommern parishes, places beginning with R.
- New Family History Library microfilm.
Vol. 5 No. 1 (1989)
- Germany's Legal Court System, history and terms.
- Locating places of origin in American church records. Examples,
- Grant Iowa church records with German places.
- American church records which list German places.
- German surnames in American church records.
- Did your ancestors come from Swabian, Bavaria?
- Pommern parish list, S places.
Vol. 5 No. 2 (1989)
- History of Bavaria.
- Research trips to Poland. Archdiocese etc.
- Polish to English genealogical word list.
- German cities with legal records in archives.
- Handwriting with translations, marriages 1500s.
- Pomerania parishes, S's.
- Bavarian (Pfalz) surname records in print.
Vol. 5 No. 3 (1989)
- Neustadt am Kulm, Bavaria, history.
- The Family Historian and Research in East and West Germany. 16 pages of
German history, sources, and research procedures.
- Hannover city parish register index.
- Pomerania families traced in German lineage books.
- German emigrants in Digest Emigrant file.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, M surnames.
Vol. 5 No. 4 (1989)
- Ellis Island German Residenz Kirche.
- Bavarian Marriage Proclamation and Residency files. Heiratsbelege,
- Meyers Gazetteer. Abbreviations translated.
- Use of Die Quellenschau fuer Familienforscher
- German Digest Emigrant file.
- Saarland published sources.
Vol. 6 No. 1 (1990)
- History of the Mennonites. Includes surname lists.
- Hamburg Police records. Resident registers.
- Stettin civil registration marriage records 1877
- Bavarian records in print. (Published sources).
- German census and other population records.
- German Digest surname file.
Vol. 6 No. 2 (1990)
- History of the Palatinate (Pfalz).
- Hamburg passport records, application forms.
- Stettin, Pomerania marriage lists, 1877.
- Emigrants from Walkendorf district, Mecklenburg.
- German resident records. (Einwohner=Liste)
- Posen parish register headings, translations.
- German Digest emigrant lists from subscribers.
- Reference Guide: Genealogical Helper Index.
Vol. 6 No. 3 (1990)
- Locating the Ancestral Home in Elsass-Lothringen (Alsace, Lorraine);
sources, maps (border changes, French departments, districts), options of
Alsatians and Lorrainers, emigration indexes.
- French - English genealogical word list.
- Bavarian records in print. Over 100 published sources for research in
- Posen parish marriage register headings, translated.
- German Digest surname file.
Vol. 6 No. 4 (1990)
- Census records in Northern Germany. Part 1. Schleswig-Holstein, content of
records, time periods available, 1845 headings translated, German-English-
Danish Census word list.
- Research in German areas now in Poland. Researchers give insight into their
trips to Silesia and Pomerania.
- Bavarian records in print, part 4.
- Sources and localities indexed in Familien-geschichtlich Quellen,
German source which indexes over 30 million surnames from printed sources.
- Hannover families traced in lineage books.
- Wuerttemberg emigrants from Isny.
- Emigrants from Baden-Baden.
- Stettin, Pomerania marriage index, 1877.
Vol. 7 No. 1 (1991)
- Mecklenburg, The Land and its History (maps).
- The Development of German regional costume.
- German Biographies. What they contain and list of biographies for all German
- Bavarian records in print, part 5.
- Handwriting, Geburtsbrief from Wuerttemberg.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, N surnames.
- Pomerania parishes, T places.
- Baden-Baden emigrants to America.
Vol. 7 No. 2 (199)
- Dorfsippenbuecher and Ortssippenbuecher (village lineage books), history and
list of villages.
- Sources for genealogical research in Mecklenburg.
- Translating Germlish records.
- Breslau, Silesia parish jurisdictions.
- Hamburg passenger lists, 1855, O surnames.
- Wills (Testamente) from Graefenhainichen, Saxony.
Vol. 7 No. 3 (1991)
- German Genealogical Periodicals, value of.
- Lost Records of Vionville Alsace discovered.
- Tracing Germans in southeast Europe; Volga colonies, Black Sea, bibliography
- Handwriting translations, An- and Abmeldung.
- Emigrants to America from Baden-Baden.
- Butzbach, Hessen, mayors 1400-1560.
- New citizens of Tribsees.
- Telgter, Westfalen citizenship records.
Vol. 7 No. 4 (1991)
- Research in Berlin. Procedures, lists of parishes, maps of parishes and
- Roman-Catholic parishes of Munich, Bavaria.
- Mecklenburg records in print.
- Verifying you have the correct German ancestor.
- Emigrants from Baden-Baden.
Vol. 8 No. 1 (1992)
- Austro-Hungary and the German Settlers called Danube Swabians. History,
- Microfilmed church records for places in Yugoslavia with German
- Sources helpful in establishing places of origin of emigrants to southeast
- Salzburger Emigration.
- When the church books are Wrong!
- Emigrants to America from Odenwald region.
- Mecklenburg-Schwerin emigrants.
Vol. 8 No. 2 (1992)
- History of Wuerttemberg. Maps.
- Vaccination for smallpox in Schleswig-Holstein.
- Translations of poor and hospital records.
- Pfalz records in print, part 1.
- Mecklenburg-Schwerin emigration 1844-1915.
- Hamburg passenger lists, Copernicus, 1856.
Vol. 8 No. 3 (1992)
- 18th Century Emigrants from Hessen.
- Palatine (Pfalz) records in print, part 2.
- Research trip to Silesia and Germany.
- Translations of Domestic servant record.
- Advanced German Reference and research tools.
- Schoenberg, Schleswig-Holstein receipt book.
Vol. 8 No. 4 (1992)
- Mecklenburg Census records.
- Funeral Sermons (Leichenpredigten); bibliography
- Buckowin, Lauenburg Kr. Pomerania church records.
- Pfalz records in print, part 3.
- Overview to research problems and procedures.
- Hamburg ship lists, 1856.
- Emigrants from Thuringia (Sachsen-Meiningen).
Vol. 9 No. 1 (1993)
- Journey to Ancestral Homes in Poland.
- Genealogical Conference in St. Petersburg.
- Using the Meyers Gazetteers to find localities.
- Jewish records.
- Palatine (Pfalz) records in print, part 4.
Vol. 9 No. 2 (1993)
- Locating a surname, locality, or topic in German genealogical periodicals.
- Using Der Schluessel.
- 398 German periodicals keyed to areas.
- Wuerttemberg records in print.
- Emigrants from Hessen, surname list.
Vol. 9 No. 3 (1993)
- Hessen area of Germany. Kassel, Darmstadt, Nassau, Marburg, 7 historical
- Wuerttemberg records in print, part 2.
- Marienwerder, West Prussia census record.
- Were your ancestors Dutch or Deutsch?
Vol. 9 No. 4 (1993)
- How to use the Pedigree collection from Leipzig Ahnenstammkartei des
Deutschen Volkes. Over 4 million names indexed; translations, procedures.
- Wuerttemberg records in print, part 3.
- Village mayor Schultheiss records.
- Stettin Pomerania marriage records, 1877.
- Strassburg, Elsass marriage and citizenship records
- Mecklenburg indexed census source.
Vol. 10 No. 1 (1994)
- Subject and Locality Index to Main Articles appearing in the Digest from
1985 to 1993.
Vol. 10 No. 2 (1994)
- Writing to Germany. German to English Letter-writing guide for writing to
parishes, archives, libraries, and relatives. Easy to use.
- Reichenberg, West Prussia family names.
- Military records.
- German vocabulary and terminology word list.
- Pomerania marriage record index.
- Zittau, Saxony pedigree collection.
Vol. 10 No. 3 (1994)
- History of Brandenburg with 7 historical maps.
- Wuerttemberg records in print, part 4.
- Perspectives on Poland. Trip to Silesia.
- Emigrants to America from Gochsheim, Baden.
- Schleswig-Holstein indexed marriages records.
- Thuringia (Sachsen-Weimar) parish extracts.
Vol. 10 No. 4 (1994)
- Johann Christ of Gerber, Journeyman, Saxony - Switzerland - Pennsylvania
Traces the Gerber family using European and American records.
- Guild Records in Germany. Value and location.
- North German marriage records. Hannover and Naugard District, Pomerania.
- LeHavre, France, important port for Germans emigrants.
Vol. 11 No. 1 (1995)
- Church Records in Germany is an in-depth 22-page article on current church record
reseach procedures and insight. Includes is a step-by-step procedures for locating German
church records, as well as a listing of addresses and sources available for searching German
church records in each of these areas: Anhalt, Baden, Bavaria, Berlin, Brandenburg, East
Prussia (Ostpreussen), Elsass-Lothringen, Hamburg, Hannover, Hessen, Hessen-Nassau,
Hohenzollern, Lippe, Mecklenburg, Oldenburg, Palatinate (Pfalz), Pomerania (Pommern),
Posen, Rhineland (Rheinland) Saxony (Sachsen) Schleswig-Holstein, Silesia (Schlesien,
Thuringia, Waldeck, Westfalen, West Prussia (Westpreussen) Wuerttemberg.
- Marriage Indexes of Moselle, France by Yvette Longstaff.
- New records sources in print and on microfilm.
Vol. 11 No. 2 (1995)
- German Military Records. Many German-American families have traditions stating
ancestors fled Germany to avoid military service. This article emphasizes sources that will
help verify these traditions. Included in the article are concise histories of the
Danish-German War (1864), Seven Weeks' War (1866) and the Franco-Prussia War
(1870-1871), as well as a bibliography of important military sources and archives.
- Brandenburg Records in Print by Larry O Jensen. This is a subject-locality
index to valuable published sources for Brandenburg extracted from German
genealogical periodicals. The article is indexed by subject and will list the
name of the German publication where the article will be found.
- Information exchange section features information on the founding of new
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern society in Germany.
- New published sources for Germany as well as new microfilmed records are
featured. Names of 40 emigrants to America from Baden are included in this
Vol. 11 No. 3 (1995)
- Ahnenlistenumlauf - Circulating German Ancestor Lists - a rich source
for the genealogist. This article provides a list of several hundred surnames
listed in pedigrees of German researchers and how to access thousands of
pedigrees in this important German collection. Many researchers have extended
their pedigree by using this collection.
- Brandenburg records in Print. Part 2.
- Marriage Records from Pomerania. Stettin Civil Registration, 1877.
- Lists of surnames being researched by some members of the German Genealogical Digest
are included in this issue.
Vol. 11 No. 4 (1995)
- Emigration from Wuerttemberg to the East and West: Russia, Poland, Austria,
Hungary, and America.
- Pomerania. Gazetteers and Research Sources for Lauenburg District. Includes a list of
church and civil records available as well as localities keyed to church records.
Vol. 12 No. 1, 2 and 3 (1996)