St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Roselle (Rodenberg), DuPage County, Illinois
© copyright 1997 by Karen Rowe, all rights reserved
Retyped and reformatted by: Karen Rowe
122 West Saunders Avenue
Lincoln, Nebraska 68521-3925
eMail address: email@example.com
St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church of Rodenberg (Roselle), Illinois, was founded in 1851 as a daughter congregation of the St. Peter Lutheran Congregation in Schaumburg, Illinois, which itself was founded in 1846 in Sarah's Grove. The charter members of the new St. John Rodenberg congregation were: Christoph Steffen, Heinrich Hasemann, Friedrich Heinze, Heinrich Mensching, Christopher Ackmann, Conrad Dralle and Conrad Geistfeld.
The baptism, confirmation, and marriage records were retyped and alphabetized from a mimeographed typed extraction of the early church records which it is believed was prepared in connection with the Centenial Celebration of the Church in 1951.
In the mimeographed typed extraction of the baptism records, besides the information provided below, the exact birth and baptism dates and the names of the baptism witnesses are also given.
In the mimeographed typed extraction of the confirmation records, besides the information provided here, the only additional information given is the exact date of the confirmation.
In the mimeographed typed extraction of the marriage records, besides the information provided here, the marriage witnesses are also given in most cases from 1865 to 1876 and from 1892 to 1900.